Cape Town’s Zeitz MOCAA Reopens in October
22 September 2020
Africa’s largest art museum, the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa, is reopening on 22 October 2020 with an exhibition by, and for, Capetonians, titled Home Is Where The Art Is: Art Is Where The Home Is.
The museum this week invited Capetonians to bring any art from their homes to the walls of the largest museum in the world showcasing the art of Africa and its diaspora.
“Whether you’ve inherited a painting, made your own etching, or are the proud parent of a young artist in residence, we want you to bring your joy to our walls,” read a statement on the museum’s website.
The five categories for submissions
- Young Artist in Residence – For sketches and photographs from your young Picasso. The Zeitz MOCAA wants your child’s most-prized creations.
- Homemade Gems – Whether you’re a lawyer who likes to paint on weekends, a hobby ceramicist or a notebook doodler, there’s a spot for you.
- Local Loves – The Zeitz wants art from African artists that you’re obsessed with.
- With Love From Gogo – If you were lucky enough to be gifted art from your grandparents or other loved ones, the Zeitz MOCAA wants to see it.
- Professional Practise – It’s safe to say, art is your life’s work. Any medium, any topic. Now’s your time to show it off.
For more information and to enter, click here.